The Downers Grove Choral Society is offering monetary awards in the amount of $200 to 7th and 8th grade students who are interested in studying choral music.
- The award may be used to support activities beyond those regularly received in school music classes and to further an interest in learning to become a better singer. Examples are private and group singing lessons, summer music camps, or other musical experiences for which tuition is charged.
- Any student currently in 7th or 8th grade who lives in Downers Grove, is currently attending a school located in Downers Grove, or who lives within the defined boundaries of School District 99 and fully expects to be attending 9th grade at a high school in Downers Grove may apply for the DGCS Choral Music Award.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s school teacher or private music teacher.
- Applications must be received no later than April 15, 2020. Winners will be notified in early May and they will be announced at the DGCS spring concert on May 17, 2020. Winners will be expected to be present at that announcement.
- Winners will be offered an opportunity–but are not required–to sing at an upcoming chorus event with DGCS.